GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE COMPANY
Croatian Pension Investment Company Ltd. (HMID d.o.o) is an alternative investment fund management company based in Zagreb. It was founded on 15th July 1997 and it operates under the approval of the Croatian Financial Services Supervisory Agency (HANFA).
The Company manages two alternative investment funds:
- CAPITAL FUND Plc. (Kapitalni Fond d.d.), a closed-end alternative investment fund with a private offer,
- HMID PLUS, an open-end alternative investment fund with a private offer.
Alternative investment funds with private offer are intended for professional investors and are not suitable for small investors.
Personal Identification Number:
Commercial court of Zagreb
Date of establishment:
July 15th 1997.
FOUNDER / MEMBER OF THE COMPANY:
Croatian Pension Insurance Institute, Zagreb, A. Mihanovića 3 (100% of the value of share capital)
HR1323600001102413284 (Zagrebačka banka)
Darko Horvatin, Ph.D., President of the Management Board. Holds his Master’s degree from the Faculty of Economics, University of Zagreb, and a Ph.D. degree from the Faculty of Economics, University of Split. He has worked in several domestic and foreign financial and investment institutions on various positions, from credit officer to President of the Management Board. He also holds the titles of a certified investment advisor, pension fund manager, and pension insurance company manager. He furtherly developed his expertise through national and international professional seminars. He is the author of several professional articles related to the capital market. By the decision of the Croatian Financial Services Supervisory Agency dated December 16th, 2016, he is approved as a member of the Management Board of HMID Plc. as an alternative investment fund management company, in accordance with the Law on Alternative Investment Funds.
Darjan Radičević, CFA, Member of the Management Board. Graduated and completed postgraduate specialist studies at the Faculty of Economics, University of Zagreb, with the title of University Specialist in financial institutions and markets. He has passed all exams and met all the requirements of the CFA Institute and is the holder of the CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) diploma. He has passed the exams for a broker, investment advisor, authorized pension fund manager, and authorized pension insurance company manager. He furtherly improved his skills by attending professional seminars abroad. He has gained his experience through many years of working in financial analysis and valuation and asset management. By the decision of the Croatian Financial Services Supervisory Agency dated December 16th, 2016, he is approved as a member of the Management Board of HMID Plc. as an alternative investment fund management company, in accordance with the Law on Alternative Investment Funds.
Dražen Mršić, dipl. iur., member of the Management Board. He graduated from the Faculty of Law, University of Zagreb. He has passed the bar exam. He gained many years of professional experience working both as an attorney at law in his own law office and in the financial sector, working in several credit and government institutions in Croatia and the CEE region in management positions and positions of board members in charge of, among others, investment banking and other infrastructural projects. By the decision of the Croatian Financial Services Supervisory Agency dated 23 December 2020, he is approved as a member of the Management Board of HMID Plc. as an alternative investment fund management company, in accordance with the Law on Alternative Investment Funds.
Members of the Supervisory Board of the Company are:
- Miroslav Smetiško, mag.oec, Head of the Sector for National Programs and Projects of Associations in the Ministry of Labor, Pension System, Family and Social Policy. He previously worked for the Ministry of Regional Development and European union Funds and for the Ministry of Labor and Pension system as the Minister’s Chief Adviser. Before that he worked as an Assistant to the Member of the European Parliament.
- Luka Čirko, University specialist in the preparation and implementation of EU projects. Director of the Office for the Labor Market and Employment in the Ministry of Labour, Pension System, Family and Social Policy. Previously, he worked at the Paying Agency for Agriculture, Fisheries and Rural Development in the Service for approval of payments for investment measures of rural development.
- Katica Uremović, University specialist in European integration, regional and local economic development. She has been a long-term employee of the Company, and since 2012. has been working as a portfolio manager in the Front Office. She is employee representative in the Supervisory Board.
- Lana Pocrnja, mag.oec, Secretary of the Cabinet of the Minister of Labour, Pension System, Family and Social Policy. She previously worked for the Ministry of Regional Development and European union Funds, for the Office for Programs and Projects of the City of Zagreb, for the Representation of the City of Zagreb to the EU, and as an apprentice in the office of several representatives of Republic of Croatia in the European Parliament.
- Igor Simić, mag.oec, Head of the Real Estate Management Department in Croatian Pension Institute. Previously he worked for Zagrebplakat Ltd on planning and implementation of projects as the manager of network maintenance and development projects or as the officer or assistant to the Technical Director.
DELEGATED OPERATIONS OF THE COMPANY
The company has delegated its internal audit activities to LeitnerLeitner Ltd, Zagreb.
THE RIGHT TO ACCESS INFORMATION
The right to access information, to amend or correct information and the right to re-use information is exercised by submitting an oral or written request to the Information Officer who is available to contact:
- By phone: 01-4874-330
- By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By sending a written request to: Hektorovićeva 2, Grand centar, 10000 Zagreb
If you are submitting a written request, please fill out one of the following forms:
- REQUEST to access information
- REQUEST for amendment or correction of provided information
- REQUEST for the reuse of provided information
The Right of Access to Information Act (Official Gazette 25/13, 85/15)-available only in Croatian